Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Pink Door - Downtown

Last night I ate at The Pink Door in Downtown Seattle for the first time with my mom and my fiancee Lisa. Lisa had the risotto with yams, my mom had a half-order of the prawns with the garlic mashers and the rapini, and I had the paglia e fieno, also known as the straw and hay. Lisa and my mom loved the risotto, but I thought something tasted strange about it. I didn't try the shrimp but my mom loved it, and we all thought the rapini and potatoes were delicious. My meal was great, but not quite as good as I had hoped, maybe because it was so buttery. The service was good, they maybe even filled my water too often. We had made reservations for 5:00 on a Saturday but we probably didn't need to since there was hardly anybody there when we sat down. All in all it was a good experience.

No comments: